• pack of chili seasoning
• can of tomato paste
• canned (or fresh) tomatoes
• onions and peppers
• canned beans (I use black, dark red, kidney)
• browned ground turkey/ ground beef/ caramel colored tofu
* add other seasoning and ingredients to taste
* you may like to substitute tomatoes and onions and peppers with salsa.
Dump all of the above ingredients into your slow cooker. and stir. You will want to add water. I put a little water in the cans so that I'm getting all of the ingredients out of the can as I'm adding water. Do not make the chili too watery.
After the chili has been cooking for at least a few hours, I remove all except what I plan to eat that day from the slow cooker and I let it cool in a bowl to prepare it for bagging. Bag the food in a freezer bag the sized bags needed to feed your household. Be sure to label the bag before you fill it with what it is and the date you are bagging it.